All sessions are treated as confidential. As your counsellor I reserve the right to break confidentiality in the following circumstances:
- As part of my ongoing training I attend regular supervision sessions. At this time I may discuss my clients with a supervisor. To ensure your confidentiality I will only refer to you by a client code.
- If I am provided with information that might indicate a threat to your life, or that of someone else, I reserve the right to report this information to your GP or the emergency services. Before proceeding with this I would inform you of my intentions.
- If I believe that you could be referred to a specialist more suitably qualified in your area of difficulty. Before proceeding with this I would inform you of my intentions.
- If ordered to do so by a court of law.
- If I believe that you are involved in any terrorist activity.
Each session lasts for a full sixty (60) minutes. The sessions will take place at an agreed time and place. If for any reason I have to cancel your appointment, I will endeavour to find another appointment to suit you. If I am unable to find another time you will not be charged.
£40 per full hour session by cash or debit card (see ‘contact me’ page for details). Only £20 per hour in advance for telephone counselling. This does not apply to clients referred by an EAP.
If you wish to terminate your sessions I require one week’s notice of this. If you fail to do so I reserve the right to charge for the final missed session.
I reserve the right to terminate counselling immediately should you commit, or threaten to commit, any physical harm to yourself or to me, or if you cause any damage to the Clinic.
If you arrive to a session under the influence of alcohol, or any non-prescription drugs, I reserve the right to terminate the sessions.
I reserve the right to charge for cancelled sessions where you have not given me 48 hours notice of cancellation. This also applies to clients referred by an EAP whereby you will lose the right to that session. I reserve the right to end counselling when two sessions are cancelled in a row.
I may make brief notes during, or after, a counselling session. You will not be identifiable from these notes, and any notes I do make will be locked away and destroyed one year after counselling has ended.